How to Absentee Vote in RosemountMinnesota voters who are unable to get to their polling places on election day can still participate in our democracy and vote. Prior to a special, primary or general election, Minnesota voters may choose to vote absentee by mail, in person, or by using a designated agent. Under Minnesota law, voters do not need a reason to vote early.
Absentee Ballots can be dropped off at City Hall during normal business hours.
Voting Absentee in Person
Rosemount City Hall
2875 145th Street West
Rosemount, MN 55068
- 46-day period before a primary or general election
- Monday - Friday during the normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Day before Election Day until 5:00 p.m.
- Last Saturday before Election Day from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
What to Expect
Arrive at City Hall during one of the above-designated times. The election official will provide you with absentee ballot materials to complete, or you may complete an application online and have a ballot mailed to you. If you are not already registered to vote at your current address, you will need to fill out a voter registration application and show proof of residence. If you have moved since the last time you voted or if you have not voted in the last four years, you will need to re-register. If you prefer to vote at City Hall, please complete the absentee application prior to arrival.
Early votingNew legislation in 2016 allows voters to deposit their ballot into a ballot counter for the seven days preceding Election Day. You may now choose to either deposit your ballot in the ballot counter or submit via the usual absentee ballot envelope during that time.
Early Voting is sort of a hybrid of the absentee ballot and the polling place, but is still considered voting absentee. The process is simple:
- Come to City Hall and get the absentee ballot application form.
- Complete the form, hand to election judge.
- Sign voter certificate and receive your ballot.
- Go to the voting booth and fill out your ballot.
- Insert your complete ballot in the machine.