Special Assessments

Effect on Property Taxes

The City places special assessments on a property in cases such as street and utility projects, delinquent invoices for weed trimming, and unpaid utility bills. All special assessments are certified to the Dakota County Treasurer-Auditor’s Office for collection with property taxes.

If you have questions about a road or street construction project underway this year, visit the Construction Updates page.

Look up your Special Assessments

eProperty allows a Rosemount resident to search online for information about special assessments that are pending or levied against their property.  The certified amount that will appear on the taxes for the current year can be found under “amounts certified and payable to Dakota County.” Click on the button below to search for your property information. 

Special Assessments lookup button Opens in new window

For more information or questions about assessments, please send an inquiry via email or call 651-423-4411. 

Unpaid Utility Balances

Because unpaid utility balances will be certified to the county tax rolls, see the Water/Sewer Utility Billing page for information such as who to contact for current balances or to schedule a final meter reading when property is changing ownership.

Dakota County offers data on individual properties. Contact the Property Taxation and Records Department, by calling 651-438-4576 or the Assessor’s Office, at 651-438-4200.