Winter Parking Restrictions
The City of Rosemount enforces winter parking restrictions from November 1 through March 31 each year. The restriction is necessary so that the City’s snowplow drivers can clear streets safely and efficiently. Violators will be subject to fines, towing, and/or impoundment at the vehicle owner’s expense.
Rosemount City Code prohibits parking on any public street, highway, or alley:
- every day between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., regardless of the weather
- anytime snowfall, wind, or other weather condition has resulted in a snow accumulation of two or more inches, until the street, highway, or alley is plowed curb to curb.
Sign up to be notified by text and/or email when snowplowing operations begin. Choose "Snowplowing updates" under the heading Alert Center.
Order of Snow Clearing Operations
Plowing is prioritized around Rosemount in the following order:
- Streets or lots defined as Priority Routes. These include main collector streets and high-volume thoroughfares.
- Streets providing access to schools and commercial businesses.
- Low volume residential streets.
- City Parking lots.
- Sidewalks, trails, ice rinks.
The City will repair sod and mailboxes that have been damaged by direct impact with a snowplow. The City is not responsible for damage to mailboxes that are knocked over by snow rolling off the plow, damage to improperly-installed mailboxes Opens a New Window. , or damage to sprinkler heads or landscaping installed in the right-of-way. Please keep all items, such as garbage cans, basketball hoops, and hockey nets at least four feet back from the curb to avoid potential damage from a plow.
Property owners can minimize plowing damage to their yards by driving stakes at the edge of their property to give plow drivers a guide. Four-foot wood laths that are painted orange at the top should be placed in the ground six inches from the edge of the road, and should be spaced 25 feet apart. Stakes can be picked up free of charge at the Public Works Garage, 14425 Brazil Avenue, weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. from October 1 through November 30.
Residents with questions or concerns about snowplowing may contact Rosemount Public Works at 651-322-2022.
Opens a New Window.