Conditional Use Permits

Some uses (such as churches or schools) are commonly allowed in neighborhoods but generate impacts (such as traffic, noise, or scale) that could be detrimental to the neighborhood. These types of uses require a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to address and regulate these impacts.

A Conditional Use Permit requires a public hearing with the Planning Commission before City Council review. Neighboring property owners will be notified of the public hearing and a public hearing notice will be published in the Dakota County Tribune. The City Code addresses Conditional Use Permits within Section 11-10-7 of the City Code.