The City will be removing accumulated sediment and trees from pond 1565 and its drainage & utility easement. The project will allow better access to the pond for inspection & maintenance and improve the pollutant removal efficiency. Approximately 2300 cubic yards of sediment will be removed; pond depth will increase by roughly 3 feet; and pollutant removal efficiency of the pond will more than double (total phosphorus and total suspended solids). Pond 1565 is located northeast of the intersection of Danube Lane and Daffodil Path.
- February 23: Excavation work is completed. Site restoration work will resume in spring.
- February 16:
- The City has granted the contractor's request to work on Saturday February 19.
- No work is allowed on Monday February 21 due to City offices being closed in observance of Presidents' Day.
- February 14: Excavation work has begun
- February 10:
- Tree removal work has begun.
- The temporary haul road is installed.
- The City has granted the contractor's request to work on Saturday February 12.
- February 3: Work delayed due to cold weather effects on equipment.
- The City Council received bids and awarded the contract for the project at its January 4, 2022, meeting.
- Construction staking - the week of January 24
- Begin project staging, tree removal, and excavation – January 31
- Extended work hours/Saturday work - February 12
- Extended work hours/Saturday work - February 19
- No work/Presidents' Day Holiday - February 21
- Complete excavation – February 24
- Restore the work area – May
Follow Us On