What if I suspect that my water meter is inaccurate?
A utility customer may request in writing that the City check the accuracy of a water meter. The City charges a fee for the testing. The fee is refunded if the meter is off by more than 5%. In that case, the City will install a new meter without charge and will adjust water billing. The adjustment will not extend back more than one billing period from the date that the City receives the written request. Costs of meter accuracy checks are set by the City Council. For more information on the current cost, telephone 651-322-2022.

Show All Answers

1. How can a customer set up a new account when purchasing a home?
2. What help can the City provide for repairs?
3. Where and when can payments be made?
4. When are bills sent, and when is payment due?
5. Who’s responsible for paying utility bills?
6. What’s the penalty for late payment?
7. How is billing handled when property changes hands?
8. Will the City shut off water service for non-payment?
9. What if I suspect that my water meter is inaccurate?
10. Why is there a fee for storm water?
11. How did the City decide what fee to charge my property?
12. My property does not contribute any runoff into the City’s storm water system. Why do I have to pay a fee?
13. I own land in the rural area of Rosemount, and I don’t see any signs of City culverts or ponds. What benefit do I get for my payments?
14. How can I learn more about the way fees are set?